Wednesday, April 4, 2012
Yummy Blueberry Muffins
When it comes to muffins, I usually just use the mixes and add the wet ingredients for a quick breakfast. We like blueberry muffins with crumb toppings around here, so one Saturday I decided to try this recipe from allrecipes which claims they are "to die for blueberry muffins." We thought they were very yummy!
1 1/2 cups unbleached, all purpose flour
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup canola oil
1/3 cup milk
1 cup fresh blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners.
2. Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, salt, and baking powder.
3. Put the oil in a 1 cup measuring cup, add the egg, add enough milk to fill the cup and add this to the flour mixture.
4. Fold in blueberries.
5. Fill 12 muffin cups to the top.
6. Make crumb topping...
1/2 cup white sugar
1/3 cup unbleached, all-purpose flour
1/4 cup butter, cubed
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1. Mix all four ingredients with a fork and sprinkle over muffins.
2. Bake for 20-25 minutes.