Just before getting married, my friends threw me a Pampered Chef shower. Before the shower they sent out recipe cards to be filled out and all the guests brought their favorite recipes to be put in a box they made for me. I'm so thankful for sweet friends as I often enjoy several of these recipes. This particular one was given to me by my now sister-in-law, Emily. She calls it Weeknight Enchiladas.
1 lb ground chuck
1 small onion chopped (I use 1 cup frozen, chopped onions)
1 can tomato soup
1 can mild enchilada sauce
8 (7 or 8 in) flour tortillas
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
sour cream, sliced olives, and jalapeno peppers (optional) for topping
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cook beef and onion in a large skillet over medium high heat until meat is browned. Drain and return to skillet.
3. Stir soup and enchilada sauce into meat mixture.
4. Spread 1/4 cup meat mixture onto each tortilla, sprinkle with cheese and roll up.
5. Place seam side down in a greased 9 x 13 baking dish.
6. Pour remaining meat mixture over tortillas. Cover and bake for 20 minutes.
7. Uncover, sprinkle with remaining cheese, and bake for 5 more minutes.
8. Serve with toppings.